At District Orthodontics of South Jordan, you can expect the best care for your teeth and smile. Whether you want Invisalign or braces in South Jordan, we can do it all! With Dr. Young’s expertise and knowledge, you can rest assured that you will receive the best possible treatment to help you achieve a straighter, more confident smile. Dr. Young is passionate about helping his patients achieve their perfect smile, and he is dedicated to providing the highest quality of care for every patient. More so, he is committed to providing education on orthodontics!
Good oral hygiene is especially important for orthodontic patients, as braces and other orthodontic treatments can make it more difficult to clean teeth and gums properly. If you or your child is undergoing orthodontic treatment, here are ten tips for maintaining healthy dental hygiene.
1. Brush After Eating – When wearing braces, food and debris can get trapped in and around the braces. Brushing your teeth soon after eating or rinsing your mouth with water is important. Rinsing will help to remove food particles and keep your teeth and gums healthy.
2. Choose a Soft-Bristled Toothbrush – When brushing with braces, it’s crucial to choose a toothbrush with soft bristles to avoid damaging the brackets and wires.
3. Floss Carefully – Flossing is vital for maintaining good oral hygiene, but you should do it carefully with braces. Using a floss threader to get the floss underneath the braces and wires is best.
4. Use a Water Flosser – Water flossers are a great way to clean around braces and other orthodontic appliances. The pulsating water helps to remove food particles and bacteria from the teeth and gums.
5. Use a Mouthwash – Mouthwash can help to reduce bacteria in the mouth and keep the breath fresh. Look for a mouthwash that is specifically designed for orthodontic patients.
6. Avoid Sugary Foods and Beverages – Sugary foods and beverages can lead to tooth decay, so it’s crucial to avoid them when wearing braces.
7. Visit Your Orthodontist Regularly – It’s important to visit your orthodontist regularly for checkups and adjustments. At District Orthodontics of South Jordan, UT, Dr. David Young, and his team provide comprehensive orthodontic services, including South Jordan braces. We can help ensure that your teeth and gums remain healthy throughout your orthodontic treatment.
8. Wear a Mouth Guard – If you play sports, it’s essential to wear a mouth guard to protect your teeth and braces.
9. Avoid Chewing on Hard Objects – Chewing on hard objects, such as pen caps, can damage the braces and wires.
10. Don’t Forget to Replace Your Toothbrush – It’s essential to replace your toothbrush every three months to ensure it is effective.
Quality South Jordan Orthodontics
District Orthodontics of South Jordan in Utah is the perfect place to go if you want a straighter smile. Dr. Young is a top-notch orthodontist who is highly experienced and knowledgeable in the field of orthodontics. He is passionate about providing the best possible care for his patients, and his team is dedicated to providing the highest customer service.
Dr. Young offers a variety of treatments and services to achieve the best possible outcome for each patient. He is committed to providing his patients with the most up-to-date technology, techniques, and materials. He offers comprehensive services to children and adults, allowing you to create a beautiful smile.
South Jordan Braces
Following these ten tips can help keep your teeth and gums healthy during orthodontic treatment. Be sure to visit your orthodontist regularly for checkups and adjustments. At District Orthodontics of South Jordan, UT, Dr. David Young, and his team provide comprehensive orthodontic services, including South Jordan braces. We can help ensure that your teeth and gums remain healthy throughout your orthodontic treatment. Contact us today to get started!